Why Don't People Listen?
5 Ways to be Influential without Fighting, Bulldozing or Banging Your Head (now available translated into Simple Chinese)
Is this you?
You'd like to be more influential but you don't want to be perceived as pushy, aggressive or manipulative?
You want to people to understand what you want and then take action?
You want to build better relationships so you're thought of as an influential leader?
You're busy - you want techniques that you can learn easily and that don't involve you spending days sitting on your bum at a training course?
You want something that's effective, down to earth and that works?
You like to be entertained and have practical examples that enhance your learning?
You've realised that treating everyone the same gets very mixed responses?
The author steps you through 5 simple and easy to implement strategies to help you be more influential. A humorous, conversational style makes this eBook easy to read and - most importantly - implement. Colourful cartoons add interest and help illustrate key points and there's an overview in mind map format.
Many real life examples are included and take the book beyond theory, adding depth and practicality. Checklists at the end of each chapter remind you of how each skill can be easily developed and implemented.
You'll learn how to:
- Provide the motivation for people (including yourself) to get things done
- Use key influencing skills from NLP - without all the jargon
- Have people hanging on every word of your presentation
- Build trust and be authentic
- Avoid people disconnecting and drifting off
- Tailor your message to their thinking style so they understand what you want
- Eliminate the frustration and time wasting that occurs when communication is misunderstood
- Identify a persons values by the way they talk and behave, then use those values to inspire and motivate them
- Connect easily with people who have visual, auditory or kinaesthetic preferences or learning styles
- Discover the ‘hidden messages' you send when you think you're not 'saying' anything.
"By using the information in Stephanie's book, ‘Why people don't listen?' you will instantly have a whole raft of new options open up for you.
The book presents you with 5 tools to choose from. When used with a curious mind and the willingness to put the information into practice, there's an endless supply of questions and information at your fingertips to be called upon whenever you need to understand someone or be understood.
Stephanie presents the abundance of information in a practical way using several different formats, my favourites being the mindmap, the many examples and the checklists at the end. It served as a good reminder of the many skills I have at my disposal!"
Michelle Khan - International Events Manager