Leading a Team
By Derek Good$13.95 USD
If you're new to leading or a seasoned professional, this book has a number of insights and techniques you will find useful. Teams come in a variety of sizes and you may even be leading a group of other leaders. Packed into a simplified approach, ‘Leading a Team' provides some straight forward tips and easy to apply methods of leadership, for example:
- Understanding what a team actually is
- Leadership and management and how they differ
- The $64,000 question - Are you a good leader?
- What to focus on as the leader of a team?
- Goal setting and motivating your staff
- How to get your team to work better together
- Effective coaching and difficult conversations
- How to deal with conflict, difficult behaviours and bad attitudes
- Understanding the power of delegation and change management
- Power questions and power phrases
And the icing on the cake in this book is a whole section on managing YOUR boss. If you have:
- A micro managing boss
- An indecisive boss
- Or an unreasonable boss
Then you will absolutely want to read this powerful book.