Globalisation And Value Creation
By No Author$17.50 USD
The story of organisations managing the transition to a global economy.
China has made the decision to enter the manufacturing race, India has decided to embrace technology. Rao documents the story of Indian firms managing the transition to a global economy - a story which makes fascinating reading.
- The 3 phases Indian firms went through in response to globalization
- The Free Trade Agreements India entered into
- The Technology required for globalizing firms and positioning of R & D
- Why so many Indian companies now appear in Fortune 500
- Value creation and why that is important
- Two case studies - VSNL - the first company in the world to achieve TL 9000 certification and the rise of Ranbaxy Laboratories - a pharmaceutical company.
For anyone interested in how countries like India, and China are making the massive leap into the global economy, this e-book makes fascinating reading.
The author currently works as Adviser in the Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India and has been involved in promotion of both corporate innovations and independent innovators. Holding a basic degree in engineering from NIT, Calicut followed by an MBA from XLRI, Jamshedpur, Rao is one of the few policy makers in India, with vision and depth.
As visiting faculty, he has been actively promoting education in the Management of Technology. Rao is a course writer and pioneer author of two books, "Management of Technology Change" & "Management of Corporate R&D and Innovation."
He is also the Founder President of Indian Innovators Association (http://www.indianinnovatorsforum.org) an affiliate of IIFA (the International Federation of Inventors' Associations), a not-for-profit social network mentoring innovators.