How Doing Good Is Great For Business.
This book comes with two warnings from the author:
Warning 1: This book will take the reader approximately 2 hours to read (not including checking out all the links) and the rest of your life to act on.
Warning 2: A request from the author that you don’t buy this book unless
1) You believe and are acting on your belief that doing good is great for business, or
2) You believe doing good is great for business, you are now looking for ways to take action or
3) You want to believe doing good is great for business.
Because this book is about the little things that make a big difference, and that each action the author recommends in this book, really is within the grasp of any business person.
And the author covers:
- Why doing good is great for business
- Why whenever we share we make a difference
- Why everything is a crisis or an opportunity
- Processes or outcomes – what do you focus on?
And then expands on:
- Pathway one – how to achieve environmental sustainability
- Pathway two – how to become socially responsible
- Pathway three – how to achieve economic prosperity
- Understanding the triple- bottom line and more
- Pathway four – the need for spiritual validity
- Pathway five – discovering universal harmony
- Business models of the future and the key signposts
- Why personal development precedes all other sustainable development
- Becoming a differencemaker
“I first met Ian when he was a keynote speaker at an Institute of Directors meeting in UK. His delivery on the subject matter he presented on was passionate, sincere and his wisdom quite simply compelling. It was clear to me from first hearing him speak, that Ian is indeed a unique and influential individual, who has a great gift for sharing experiences and stopping people in their tracks and encouraging them to ask questions that affect all of us in our daily lives, but often we are too busy at work for example to either care or notice what is going on around us. Life after all , is not a dress rehearsal. Since then I have been able to actively benefit from Ian's guidance and advice, which have helped my focus and leadership skills from both a personal and business level and I trust in consequence become better balanced in how Istrive to conduct myself and contribute more to what I perceive to be my social responsibilities. I count Ian as a good mentor and value his input, support and guidance.” - Michael Hoddy, IBM Alliance Director EMEA-LAM, Schneider Electric, Europe