Better Questions for Managers to ask at a Career Development Discussion
Better Questions Are The Answer - A Series of Inspiration Books to Help You Be A Better Leader
This workbook has been developed for managers who want to be able to ask better questions during Career Development sessions with their people.
One of the biggest complaints employees have in the workplace, is that they don't feel they are valued, listened to or understood. It is generally easier and more common for people to offer opinions and judgements that it is to ask leading questions.
This workbook is part of a series designed to assist you in asking better questions in a variety of situations so that you can:
- Develop better relationships
- Help people find better answers
- Empower others to take ownership
- Tap into the huge potential of others
- Find more creative idea
- Demonstrate that you value other's opinions
- Really want to understand the other person
The author offers some tips on how to get the best out of this amazing resource:
- How to use the questions as a script so you don't run out of things to ask
- The need to plan in advance exactly which questions you feel are most useful
- Why it is good to practice a few of the key questions until they become a natural part of your repertoire
- How to build rapport so the people you are interviewing feel comfortable answering your questions
- How to frame the questions so the other person speaks and you get to listen
If you are a person who has to sit and talk in any in-depth way to staff and find that a challenge, this workbook will be a life saver.
It is laid out with great questions in a relevant order so all the hard work of a career development interview is done for you.