You Already Know that 80% of a Sales Letter Depends on Your Headline (So what's the remaining 20% that causes customers to buy?)

by

Every one knows that the headline is critical…

And therefore it’s not uncommon to see writers spend many hours testing and re-testing their headline. But what happens once your customer goes past the headline into the rest of the copy? Which are the elements that cause customers to feel an urge to buy your product or service?

These elements are simply the benefits, features and bullets

And most of us think that writing benefits, features and bullets is easy stuff. All you have to do is list them out logically and it gets the job done.

But this isn’t just about getting the job done. If you don’t use the benefits/features and bullets effectively, the customer may read and then just click away. Understanding how customers read a sales page is what gives your sales page the upper edge.

So how do customers view a sales page, anyway?

They first look at the how the page is presented. They read the headline and the first few paragraphs. And then they start scanning. And then they suddenly stop midway at the features, benefits and bullets.

So why do they stop? They stop to get a summary. The features, benefits and bullets are like a quick summary. It gives the customer a solid idea of what to expect. And to take customers to the next stage, you have to have a rock-solid system of writing features, benefits and bullets on your sales page.

Presenting ‘Client Attractors’: How To Write Benefits, Features and Bullets That Speed Up Sales

‘Client Attractors’ helps you deconstruct the elements that go into benefits, features and bullets. It shows you how small tweaks in your placement of the words makes a big difference in the way the customer responds to your offer.

Features, benefits and bullets are critical because a customer often buys your product on the basis of a single bullet or a single well-explained benefit.

 

Sean d’souza

http://psychotactics.com/


About

15+ years ago, fresh out of college with a degree in accounting Sean de Souza joined an advertising agency where he *met* Leo Burnett, a man who had spent his lifetime in the hard trenches of communication and advertising.

You may also like:



Filed under Sales & Marketing. Posted by The Corporate Toolbox on