Change is a fact of life and no successful person has arrived at their destination without some serious challenges – that’s life – a series of ongoing challenges and a belief that we must keep going onwards and upwards.
Another great quote:
The difference between success and failure is small, but the impact is huge.
We all want success in business and sometimes to achieve it, we just need a very small shift in mindset. Some of the old tried and true methods of doing business are just that, but it doesn’t hurt to try new things and readjust the results we are getting (or not getting) with a few new ideas.
So here are eight tips for moving ‘onward and upward’:
- Explode your Comfort Zones – If you haven’t tried anything new in your business for a while – then now is the time to do it. There are million’s of free articles and tips, on and off line, where if you try just one of the ideas you could achieve results you hadn’t dreamed possible. And when was the last time you attended a course or a workshop? Book one today!
- Climbing the Success Ladder – Millions of people would like to do business with you. Can they find you?
- Make it Happen Skills – Social Media is the world’s latest way to grow your network and your business. Are you involved? If not, why not? If you are a technophobe, outsource the work or get a coach or mentor who can show you how to become involved.
- Embrace the Curves – You don’t need to know everything but you need to know where to look to source the information your business requires. Every step on your road to success is a learning curve – so embrace learning instead of resisting it.
- If it’s to be –It’s up to me – Motivating yourself is often a challenge as you learn new skills, implement them and move forward. Remind yourself of your goals - you owe it to yourself to achieve them.
- Energetic Success – If you are not healthy, then you will start the day tired and end the day exhausted. Life becomes a chore. Take care of your health and make whatever changes you need to make, to your eating habits and to your fitness levels (a 20 minute walk around the block every day will amaze you with the energy it will release).
- Take Ownership – Of your life, your business and your dreams. Don’t rely on others to make things work for you – knuckle down and be responsible for your own success. It’s absolutely okay to ask for help if you need it.
- Get Over Yourself - If the last 12 months have been tough for you – congratulate yourself that you are still alive; still in business; can still get up every morning to face the day. Who hasn’t had some hiccups over the last twelve months? For every person who has failed in the last 12 months, another person has found an amazing opportunity – which one are you? Be successful.