So, the first question: where to find a team for a startup?
Where to find a team? Where to go for a specialist with good technical backgrounds, and where - for the professional in the field of business, marketing and sales? What number of founders is optimal for the project?
Tip: 2-3 founders of a startup with different areas of responsibility is the optimal amount. One founder must understand marketing, sales, business development. The second one - CTO (Chief Technical Officer) - must have good technical background and work experience in the past. The experience of work is a huge advantage.
A lot of young people graduating from universities around the world organize online writing services to help other students with term papers, dissertations, essays, research papers. They collaborate with freelancers all over the world and make a living on that!
About delegating tasks to team
Each manager chooses his own style of management, sometimes mixes them. At the same time the delegation is an important component of any of the selected methods in order to achieve results. It’s important to take a team conscious people with a high level of intrinsic motivation, and it is important to have their own area of ??responsibility. In most cases, some people prefer to give the employee the opportunity to make a mistake so that he realizes the importance of his job, the possible consequences of non-compliance problems and the degree of their responsibility.
The small team of staff are often generalists and combine diverse responsibilities, but nonetheless, there should be separation of tasks and responsibilities. The effectiveness of the chosen distribution in small companies is usually seen in practice, and do not be afraid to change something. In this sense, small organizations have an undoubted advantage - flexibility.
When we talk about the delegation of any tasks be the leader, we must understand that the staff in any case, may need leader’s help. It is necessary to designate a specific time frame, monitor the status of implementation and discuss how easy or difficult it was to cope with the task. There are many tools (Task Manager, CRM-system and so forth.), which help to organize operations. Within the company you can use several tools - Asana, Bitriks24, Trello, Pipedrive, Salesforce - for different tasks. A lot of stuff can be systematized in Google Docs and Dropbox. An important habit is to fix the status, results, and agreements in writing.
Services to find a team!
First of all, you obviously have your personal network of people whom you know from college, school, previous work experience. You may ask your relatives or friends whether they know somebody passionate about being involved in the start up, those who obtain decent qualities and skills to be involved in the teamwork as well as those who are currently unemployed.
Also, there some really good startup working websites like http://www.builtinchicago.org/. There are also events that attract young innovative people to collaborate with fresh startups like Technori Pitch or Techweek.
Do not forget about social media channels that can also lead you to the potential partners!
How to get to the start-up community?
- Visit the startup events, IT conferences and gatherings. There you can meet interesting people, get advice from the experts, find valuable employees co-founders, mentors, and sometimes investors!
- Participate in the presentation days, which are organized by accelerators. There, you get feedback from the managing partners and experts. If you are lucky, you can immediately get into the program of acceleration.
- Use Facebook: join the groups or profiles dealing with startups, write interesting content on your theme, add people to friends you're interested in, comment themed posts.
- Read the appropriate mass media to be in the picture of all the startup events and novelties. Leave comments, write your articles about growth-hacks etc.
- Start the profile of your project in the online databases for startups. Through them you can get the potential investors for your project. Do not forget to regularly update the information.